How to make the right choice
In order for your treatment for schizophrenia
to be beneficial, it is important to:
The choice of your treatment will depend on your goals and the goals of your healthcare team. Your goals should be short-term as well as long-term. Some of these treatment goals are listed below.1,2,9
- To remove or reduce your symptoms.
- To prevent or reduce the need to visit or stay in hospital.
- To prevent relapses from occurring.
- To avoid or reduce undesirable side-effects that might result from your medication.
- To begin or return to your normal, everyday activities such as work, education, independent living, social relationships.
- To achieve and maintain a reduction of symptoms, so that they no longer have a negative effect on your life.